Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
    I too have one just like that but not the 4" addition on the end of the barrel. What is that? I also like mine too but when I have a field of rabbits instead of pulling back on a bolt and trying to take a second shot, I want to pop a few rounds off so thats one more reason for me wanting a semi-auto. One shot and every varmint is gone where I come from. These little rascals are faster than me moving my hand from the trigger to the bolt and back to the trigger so I'll be the guinipig and see how well I can get more rounds off than one or 2 before the field is bare till the next day.
    It is called a suppressor. I have taken red squirrels at 80 plus yards with it she is a true tac driver..

Comment

Originally posted by Maine04657 View Post
      It is called a suppressor. I have taken red squirrels at 80 plus yards with it she is a true tac driver..
      I sorta figured that out after looking at your photo bucket. Is that a Bull Barrel? Do you need a special permit for the suppressor?

Also I guess with that then it's not very loud and you don't scare everything away in the woods. Is this a true statement? If so I might look into one of them, where did you get it???

Comment

No I do not have a semi 17HMR nor would buy one. The reasons are very easy to glean from information already out there. In a couple more years when I hear of a platform that has NOT had problems I may buy one in SEMI. For now the BOLT one I got works 100 percent and I have yet to read a problem with 17HMR and bolt guns.

Different subject while looking thru your collection in your photo bucket, what happened to your kids hand... OUCH, man that looks bad...hope he's ok....

anyhow, nice collection. I would like to find out more on those suppressors you have. More so the 17hmr if you could help....custom, off the shelf, manufacture ect...
        Last edited by Tedward; 03-16-2013, 14:00. Reason: typo

Comment

Different subject while looking thru your collection in your photo bucket, what happened to your kids hand... OUCH, man that looks bad...hope he's ok....

anyhow, nice collection. I would like to find out more on those suppressors you have. More so the 17hmr if you could help....custom, off the shelf, manufacture ect...

Suppressor can be purchased through any ffl with a SOT. There are likely some close to you. The only require a tax stamp 200 bucks and right now wait times are running about 7 months.

As for Kevin his little brother pushed him off the bunk bed and he caught his hand on the ladder and that piece of wood caught him. It was just under the skin basically just a big splinter. I took him to he ER just in case as I was taught never remove things stuck in the body. He has a small scar at the in and out holes but no ill effects from the incodent.

My youtube stuff is far more fun then just pictures.
          Last edited by Maine04657; 03-17-2013, 00:50.

Comment

Suppressor can be purchased through any ffl with a SOT. There are likely some close to you. The only require a tax stamp 200 bucks and right now wait times are running about 7 months.

As for Kevin his little brother pushed him off the bunk bed and he caught his hand on the ladder and that piece of wood caught him. It was just under the skin basically just a big splinter. I took him to he ER just in case as I was taught never remove things stuck in the body. He has a small scar at the in and out holes but no ill effects from the incodent.

My youtube stuff is far more fun then just pictures.
            Just a small splinter? I would hate to see a big one then in your book...cool though,

Do you have a link to your youtube??? always up to look at stuff...

Comment

Do you have a link to your youtube??? always up to look at stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Maine046...ow=grid&view=0

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	b44bf5c45ef9c78cf9670c52eb837682.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	1414

The springs get bound up in my mags.
                Have emailed AA but not heard back yet .
                Causes a feed issue. Can be a simple fix done by myself, just haven't had time lately.

It varies on the round count. As I start loading the rounds, I will hear a soft "click" when it binds up. It is harder to hear in some mags.

I am happy with my upper . Probably only a couple hundred rounds through it , if that.

I like the cci ( quiet ) good pattern , hornady (louder) good pattern .
                Functions with the Winchester , ( between cci & hornady for decibel ), pattern not as good.

I'll contribute more later.
                Last edited by helidude350; 06-03-2013, 10:01.

Comment

I have had my share of problems with mags as well.. Of course the case blow out of this post, took out the magazine as the venting gas from the ruptured case was directed downward.. Split the magazine in two.. I have also had the bottom fall out of a magazine - they are glued together, and I guess that magazine wasn't glued that well..

But that was back before Nov/12, and though response times from AA were slow, you could talk with people, and customer service was better.. I wasn't the original owner of the upper, yet still they upgraded the upper free - and this was before the case blow up.. (sorry, they didn't tell me what was done in the upgrade.. I suspect it was something done to the bolt..)

The problem from which my upper suffers is the bolt will eject the just fired case, but then not cleanly strip the next round from the magazine as it moves forward.. Instead the bolt pushes the bullet forward as it rides on top of it.. Once the bullet hits the rear of the chamber and stops moving, the bolt digs into the side of the cartridge.. Look through the archives as I have posted pictures of the problem..

I love my 17, and it is a blast to shoot.. I have several hundred rounds down it's tube, and since putting it on a stone stock lower, seems to function fairly well.. It does miss-feed as described above, about 2 to3% of the time.. But an occasional miss-feed is not a problem because it is a plinker.. And is it a lot of fun to shoot..

I have had good luck with Remington, CCI and Hornady ammo.. Federal would miss-feed the worst until I went to the stock lower.. Though I haven't really done any accurate work (like I said it is a plinger) I haven't had any trouble hitting what I was shooting out to 100 yards.. I do have a Leupold 3x9 rimfire scope on it..

Sure I would sell it if the right offer came along.. But until then, I am just going to have fun with it..

flk k

Comment

Anyone receive and order from AA Yet??? CMMG 22LR Alternative

Ordered my upper at the end of December and they keep saying there waiting on this part and that part. One month it was the magazine block for the mag-well and now its bolt parts but there working on them.

Since I had ordered a 20" CMMG 22LR Upper for my wife back at the beginning of December 2012, I was shooting hers and boy its fun, cheap to shoot and with CCI Ammo, reliable. Bad feed issues with others and hollow point, needs ot be plated and rounded non-ribbed bullets I will say we had feed issues with the phosphate finish bolt but I sent it back to CS and paid $30 to upgrade to SS. That feeds much better and way few less jam's. So since my wife is only 5'3" she felt it was heavy so I got a 16" barrel and bolt carrier for her and took the 20". Darn, got my own... I put both on Sundevil Uppers without forward assist since they don't use that function. Great results and having fun without the slow production that AA is trying to sell. Great ideas, SSSLLLOOOOWWWWW production. I think they need to outsource some of the manufacturing because the wagon is leaving the station with the pot of gold. Tired of waiting on them for everything.

Comment

For a 22rf AR, I went with the Walther licensed Colt/Umarex AR clone.. It had magazine issues until they got broke in, and now it works like a charm.. I put a brick through it the day I brought it home, and have since put another few bricks through it.. It is so much fun to shoot, I find myself doing "Spray and Pray" type of shooting more often than I probably should <grin>..

Of course that was before all of the craziness in ammo prices (a buddy called me yesterday telling me of an upcoming ammo deal at MidwayUSA of $120 for 1500 rounds - some deal, the last 3 bricks I bought were $60 for 1575 rounds.. I am going to wait until the prices drop back down near where they used to be before I buy any more..)..

But I wanted to defend A.A. a little bit because they (along with all of the other manufacturers) in a real pickle.. Yes it is true demand for everything AR has gone off the charts.. How easy we may think it would be for a manufacturer to ramp up and meet the increased demand.. After all, they could make a lot of money..

But that involves purchasing additional equipment and hiring more staff.. And it isn't as if you could just go down the to local CNC machine makers and pick up a couple.. They have to be ordered and there is a lead time to deliver and set up (I'll bet the CNC makers are back ordered as well)..

And then once the demand has subsided, they are stuck with (very) expensive equipment, and are forced to lay off any additional workers they hired.. Believe it or not, over anticipating demand is often the cause of a business failure..

So, it is a very difficult balance.. Yeah it sucks if you are on the waiting side.. By the way, it took A.A. about 2 months to do the upgrades on my .17 upper.. And this was before the elections..

Anyway just think how much more you will enjoy it once it comes.. I bought a Grendel upper from them and though I was told it would be 4 to 6 weeks, but closer to 4 when I ordered it, it took 4 months and a day to get it.. Again this was all before the elections..

flk k

Comment

Originally posted by fkleinbu View Post
                        For a 22rf AR, I went with the Walther licensed Colt/Umarex AR clone.. It had magazine issues until they got broke in, and now it works like a charm.. I put a brick through it the day I brought it home, and have since put another few bricks through it.. It is so much fun to shoot, I find myself doing "Spray and Pray" type of shooting more often than I probably should <grin>..

Of course that was before all of the craziness in ammo prices (a buddy called me yesterday telling me of an upcoming ammo deal at MidwayUSA of $120 for 1500 rounds - some deal, the last 3 bricks I bought were $60 for 1575 rounds.. I am going to wait until the prices drop back down near where they used to be before I buy any more..)..

But I wanted to defend A.A. a little bit because they (along with all of the other manufacturers) in a real pickle.. Yes it is true demand for everything AR has gone off the charts.. How easy we may think it would be for a manufacturer to ramp up and meet the increased demand.. After all, they could make a lot of money..

But that involves purchasing additional equipment and hiring more staff.. And it isn't as if you could just go down the to local CNC machine makers and pick up a couple.. They have to be ordered and there is a lead time to deliver and set up (I'll bet the CNC makers are back ordered as well)..

And then once the demand has subsided, they are stuck with (very) expensive equipment, and are forced to lay off any additional workers they hired.. Believe it or not, over anticipating demand is often the cause of a business failure..

So, it is a very difficult balance.. Yeah it sucks if you are on the waiting side.. By the way, it took A.A. about 2 months to do the upgrades on my .17 upper.. And this was before the elections..

Anyway just think how much more you will enjoy it once it comes.. I bought a Grendel upper from them and though I was told it would be 4 to 6 weeks, but closer to 4 when I ordered it, it took 4 months and a day to get it.. Again this was all before the elections..

flk k
                        I got 525 boxes of 22LR at Dicks Sporting Goods for $22.00 a box a few weeks ago. I got 3 boxes so good for now and the Craz will subside.

As for AA, I do understand all the whop haa of business and manning up and dropping back but it seems as if they have been short handed before the Craz. I will wait and hopefully when it gets here in August they will have some of the past issues already resolved and the newer model has the upgrades or revisions to the manufacturing for a more superior product.

Once someone gets one I would like to see a report but not sure how many people are even out there reading this forum....
                        Last edited by Tedward; 06-04-2013, 10:29. Reason: typo

Comment

I forgot, but I wanted to comment on Sun Devil uppers/lowers.. I love them.. The first one I received was in an AR pistol with the "Pistol" marked Sun Devil lower.. Very, very high quality in fit and finish..

I wish I could afford to go back and replace all of my uppers and lowers with Sun Devil parts..

flk k

Comment

Originally posted by fkleinbu View Post
                            I forgot, but I wanted to comment on Sun Devil uppers/lowers.. I love them.. The first one I received was in an AR pistol with the "Pistol" marked Sun Devil lower.. Very, very high quality in fit and finish..

I wish I could afford to go back and replace all of my uppers and lowers with Sun Devil parts..

flk k
                            There actually not a bad price and have more colors coming available this Fall. I'm getting a BLUE just to have. I'll sell my black lower for a hundred bucks or something and just have to pay $75 to upgrade. I spend that in ammo so what the heck....I love the anodized colors... like a rainbow.

Comment

<LOL> If you offer your lower for a hundred bucks, it will sell instantly.. Even at $200 bucks..

Right now, today, I see stipped lowers selling for $300 bucks and above at the gun shows from dealers..

The biggest problem would be getting the new lower from Sun Devil's distributors..

I do like the colors, but the colors they offered were fairly bright.. Great for a competition gun, but no so good for one used for hunting.. I have mixed feelings if they now do.. Happy because I could then get the color I wanted, upset because I already have all of the lowers/uppers I need <grin>..

flk k

Comment

Working...
                              X