Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do think you are arf.com? Bunch of key board bullies is what I see. If you're a rich banker and want a S&B that's cool. Heck I'd like a S&B too. I haven't graduated into that wage bracket yet. If a guy puts something together and all that's left is 60 bucks for scope then so be it. I sure remember killing a lotta chucks with a Savage model 11 and a 15 dollar tasco or whatever came on it. Where I'm from you shoot 'yotes at sixty yards or so and it might be with shotgun and a bead sight.
    Last edited by sodbuster; 10-25-2012, 21:28.

Comment

Originally posted by tx65 View Post
      Important thing is to get out and enjoy shooting.
      I can't agree more.

I burned a vacation day today to get some things done around the house before the weather changes here. I slept an hour later than usual, got up and got ready to do my "chores". But I heard the "voices" calling from my safe, "Take us to the range..........". As any good father would, I loaded up 3 units and hit the road. I had a blast (no pun intended) and didn't get all my chores done that I had intended to do,,,but oh well.
      I met a guy there that was HAMMERING targets @ 100 yds with a rock stock M&P 15 carbine using XM193 ammo with this PRIMARY ARMS OPTIC. I know what my next optic will be...
      Last edited by WulfDel; 10-25-2012, 20:19.

Comment

Originally posted by WulfDel View Post

...I heard the "voices" calling from my safe, "Take us to the range..........".[snipage]
        I have often thought a good excuse to call in sick to work would be to tell your boss "the voices in my head told me to stay home and shoot all of my guns today".. I mean, what is he/she going to tell you?? NO, come into work <LOL>.. flk k

Comment

Originally posted by fkleinbu View Post
          I have often thought a good excuse to call in sick to work would be to tell your boss "the voices in my head told me to stay home and shoot all of my guns today".. I mean, what is he/she going to tell you?? NO, come into work <LOL>.. flk k
          I'm very fortunate in the fact that my boss is cool, he understands my "addiction", I stay on top of my game when I am at work, plus I cover his ass when he is not there,,,I makes for a really good work environment!

Comment

Thanks guys.....

I actually made it to the range and sited this rifle and checked my site on my old .308......With my Boss and another co-worker (we work the swing shift, so we shoot and go to work ;) )
            As my BRD fund has run dry (for now) I am stuck with what I have. But, it's not bad. I was banging out 3" groups with surplus 62 gr @ 100ds. I have only about 200 rounds through the barrel so far. I am just getting cozy with this one.
            5 rounds through the old .308 M7400 w/iron sites 5"@100yds (haven't shot it in quite a few years)
            My boss has really developed a serious case of BRD! An FN2000 and a PS90 all tricked out just this year! --nice to be single and no bills to speak of!!!! The PS90 with the ACOG at 50 yds was boringly accurate! The other guy brought out his .22Hornet.
            The Boss was off last week empting boxes of 5.7! Too bad he can't find it as fast as he shoots it!!!!
            I like my 'run of the mill' calibers. It's so much easier to feed these babies! It is so much fun shooting with folks who like to have fun, try to build skills AND help others build theirs.

Have to get back out and work on my form and technique to get dialed in to this rifle. I do see a new grip in the near future and after everything get worn in, maybe a match trigger. BUT, that may have to wait as the spousal unit aka MGS is having me look at land in AK. CT sux bad!
            Hope everyone had a nice holiday, good luck hunting!
            MikeH
            Last edited by talonhead; 11-26-2012, 02:10. Reason: sp.

Comment

Well, managed to get a parts order in before all the on-line places clogged up. Got the DPMS grip, picked up a BLACKHAWK! forwadr rail grip-----but mounted on the PRS stock bottom rail to act as a monopod. Actually levels it out nicely. Have to see how it works. The Magpul folding monopod is near $100! I think it's ready for another outing!
              Happy New Year everyone!
              MikeH

Comment

Working...
              X